Ever since getting our Traeger Pro Series 34 Pellet Grill a few months ago, we use it more than we ever thought we would! We love smoking turkey legs and making ribs, and we smoked our Thanksgiving Turkey with great success! Johnny and I agree it’s a great investment, especially because we love both cooking and entertaining with family and friends. We’ve made so many savory dishes since we first got the grill, I thought it was time to do something on the sweeter side: the best banana bread. The smokiness really elevates the dish and makes it that much more delicious. I kept stealing extra bites because it’s just that addictive! The dark chocolate chips definitely didn’t hurt either. The combination of flavors was really dynamic and truly created the best banana bread Johnny and I have ever had.
What’s really cool about our Traeger is you can braise, roast, smoke, bake and more! Having something so versatile in one piece of equipment has made cooking so much easier. It’s also fun to try new recipes, or even simply new versions of recipes like this one. Now that the weather is getting cooler, it’s the perfect time to enjoy the fire with some sweet treats. I’m sharing the best banana bread with a hint of smokiness thanks to the Traeger. What I appreciate is this banana bread recipe is as simple as ever, but even more special just because of where it bakes. The only difference is you’re putting the batter into the grill instead of the oven! I have no doubt this is only the beginning of sweet, smoky snacks in our household… What should we make next? There’s almost too many possibilities to decide, but I can’t wait to try more!
Smoky Banana Bread
- Traeger Wood Pellet Grill
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk we used oat milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Prep the Traeger to 350 Degrees, keep the lid closed
- Grease your loaf pan. I used avocado oil spray
- In the mixing bowl using the whisk attachment, add mashed bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. Let whisk until well combined
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients and whisk until well incorporated
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Let sit for five minutes to releae any air bubbles.
- Transfer the pan to the Traeger and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before enjoying!