Most mornings, I kick things off with a delicious and healthy green smoothie. I’m so excited to share the highly-requested recipe with you today! I make enough for both me and Johnny and this usually serves as our breakfast. Sometimes, I’ll soft boil two eggs for myself to add a bit more protein to my breakfast but this smoothie is enough to get me going. It is hands down my favorite green smoothie recipe. I make a lot of smoothies for us since we usually drink one a day. Even though I usually can estimate how much of each ingredient I need for the week, between the three or four different smoothies I make, I tend to run out of ingredients midweek.
Y’all know I love efficiency and when technology can make lives better and easier, I’m all for it. Walmart’s Grocery Pickup is a bit of a gamechanger because you can order your items online or using their mobile app. Do it anywhere, anytime. Then, you drive to Walmart, park in the designated Pickup section and they bring your groceries to your car! You don’t even have to get out, it’s so easy and it’s free! Most of Walmart’s Grocery Pickup orders are ready in about four hours. Johnny and I are so busy nowadays with work, family and caring for my Dad. It saves us so much time not having to worry about spending time grocery shopping. You can use code M2A3DZ3F to get $10 off your $50 or more grocery pickup order.
Delicious & Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1-2 cups of fresh greens (I love organic spinach or a mix of spinach and kale)
- Handful of frozen pineapple
- Handful of frozen mango
- 1 banana (I love waiting for them to get super ripe so they’re extra sweet!)
- 1 cup of almond milk or coconut water
- 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder or green superfood powder
- I like to place ingredients into the blender in this order: fresh greens, frozen fruit, fresh fruit, any powders and finally the liquid. Depending on how light I want the smoothie to be that day, I’ll switch between almond milk or coconut water.
- On my blender, I use the smoothie setting and one go is usually all it’ll take. If the blender runs into issues, you most likely have too many solids. Slowly start incorporating more liquid and you’ll be all set. Or, sometimes a good ol’ shake is all you need to get it going again.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy! If we are at home, I love pouring into these beautiful glasses, which are a favorite and I always get compliments from guests.
Using fresh ingredients is key for smoothies. While I have fond memories of my Mom showing me how to pick the best and ripe fruits and veggies, I rest assured knowing delivery associates are trained to pick the freshest items. Plus, if you are unhappy, you can call customer care for a refund since 100 percent freshness is guaranteed. Plus, if an item you want is not available, personal shoppers will substitute an equal or better item at now cost.
Another reason I really enjoy Walmart’s Grocery Pickup is you are not limited to the grocery items. You can add other items too including household items, dinnerware, party supplies, office supplies and more. I’ll throw in napkins, paper towels or even our favorite pens and notepads if we’re running low.