Ever since I got my cast iron Dutch oven a few years ago, I’ve been baking my own bread. It’s a lot easier than it sounds and absolutely delicious! Trust me, the prep work takes maybe 15 minutes. As long as you’re patient (or wait overnight) you’ll have a beautiful loaf of bread. I always get compliments from people who come over on how good this bread is. Earlier this year, I got the idea to add rosemary and it’s been a gamechanger! I’m excited to share how to make no-knead rosemary bread. This recipe will work whether you’re a beginner or more experienced in the kitchen. Trust me, it’s not hard.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe. The key is patience and the dutch oven. I’ve also made this in my Caraway dutch oven, too. I do prefer how it turns out in my Le Creuset, though. One reason I particularly love this recipe is the inside is super soft and moist, while the outside has a nice crisp crust. It’s wonderful on its own or with olive oil or butter. Plus, your home will smell divine as you’re baking it!
There is no kneading involved with this recipe.
How to Make No-Knead Rosemary Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped rosemary
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, rosemary, salt and yeast
- Make a well in the middle and pour in warm water. Use a spatula to combine
- Use a kitchen towel or plastic wrap to cover the bowl. Let it rise for at least eight hours. 12 is best! It should double in size and be bubbly.
- Use a light sprinkling of flour on top of the dough, shape it into a slight ball and let it rise for another 30 minutes to an hour.
- Sprinkle flour onto parchment paper. Use some flour to get the dough out of the bowl and onto the paper. Fold it onto itself once and shape it into a ball.
- Turn the oven on to 450 degrees. Put your dutch oven inside to let it warm up, too.
- After your dough has risen for another 30 minutes, take your dutch oven out of the oven and transfer your dough inside. Careful! It's hot!
- Score your bread at the top in an X pattern with a nice. Close the lid and place into the oven to bake for 30 mins.
- Take off the lid and let it bake for another 15 to get the shell crispy.
- Enjoy!! Store any uneaten bread in the dutch oven to enjoy for a few more days.