Keeping our home clean and organized is key for us! Growing up, my parents always reminded us to put things back where they came from. Plus, I always helped them clean the kitchen and dining room every night after dinner and clean the house on weekends. Since moving out on my own and then buying our first house, we have learned a lot about cleaning! We find it’s best to clean a little bit every day – whether it’s making sure common areas are cleaned each night or wiping down the shower after each use. These little tasks make “the big cleans” less overwhelming. I’m excited to share the cleaning supply list we swear by!
Tools of the Trade
- Microfiber Cloths – We are cutting down on how many paper towels we use and these have been a gamechanger! I love how they do such a great job with just water! When they get dirty, we just throw them in the washing machine and let them air dry!
- Glass Spray Bottles – We love buying the huge bottles of cleaner or mixing our own! These glass spray bottles make it more eco-friendly so we aren’t constantly recycling plastic spray bottles. I love how for these, you can adjust the silicone sleeve to either “all-purpose” “bathroom” and other uses so you’ll never confuse what is for what.
- Dish Brush – We used to have a longer dish brush, but I love how powerful this little one is! It fits perfectly into your palm and sits on top of a spring dish soap holder so you always have the right amoutn of soap.
- Spin Mop – This was a gamechanger for us upon moving into our new home! We follow Go Clean Co’s method and use powered tide and hot water to clean our floors. You can also use Dr. Bronner’s soap.
- Dyson V11 – A huge gamechanger and definitely one of the top items on our cleaning supply list! This is cordless, which makes it so easy to use. Between all the attachments and it seamlessly switching from hard surfaces to rugs or carpet, it makes cleaning a breeze!
Cleaners We Love
- Dr. Bronner’s Castille Soap – I’ve been using this to clean my makeup brushes for years! It’s great for cleaning anything else in your home, too. It’s at the top of my cleaning supply list because it’s gentle and effective.
- Bar Keeper’s Friend – We have an apron-front cast sink that’s white and this is what gets all those “scratches” out. I have a theory they aren’t actually scratches because our cast sink is durable as heck. We also use this to clean our cookware when it gets those stubborn burnt on stains!
- Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap – I always have a soft spot for this dish soap. I love their fall scents and the rosemary is so great for yearround, too! I find this one is effective without having to use too much!
- Grove Dishwasher Packs – We’ve tested a lot of dishwasher packs and this one does the job quite well. I still pre-rinse a lot (old habits and maybe it’s because our dishwasher isn’t as good) but the dishes come out clean!
- Branch Basics The Concentrate All-Purpose Cleaner– We have become fan favorites of this all-purpose cleaner. We dilute it with water in a spray bottle and use it for everything! Easily cleans up all different surfaces and is non-toxic, effective and cuts through grease and grime.