Ever since getting our Traeger grill a few months ago, we use it more than we ever thought we would! We love smoking turkey legs, making ribs and we smoked our Thanksgiving Turkey with great success! We’ve made so many savory dishes, I thought it was time to do something on the sweeter side.
What’s really cool about our Traeger is you can braise, roast, smoke, bake and more! The weather is getting cooler and we are enjoying the fire and some sweet treats. I’m sharing our banana bread recipe with a hint of smokiness thanks to the Traeger.
Smoky Banana Bread
- Traeger Wood Pellet Grill
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk we used oat milk
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Prep the Traeger to 350 Degrees, keep the lid closed
- Grease your loaf pan. I used avocado oil spray
- In the mixing bowl using the whisk attachment, add mashed bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. Let whisk until well combined
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients and whisk until well incorporated
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Let sit for five minutes to releae any air bubbles.
- Transfer the pan to the Traeger and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before enjoying!