With finals in full swing here at UT, I thought I would share some of my study tips!
TIP 1: TAKE OUT YOUR CONTACTS & PUT ON YOUR GLASSES
- Contacts prevent oxygen from getting into your eye, which puts causes strain. Chances are, your glasses also have anti-glare built in and will protect your eyes from the computer screen you’re looking at. Glasses let your eyes breathe and will make it easier to study.
TIP 2: LIGHT AN INVIGORATING CANDLE
- Scents like orange, ginger, lemon, and eucalyptus are uplifting, release tension, and sharpen the senses. When trying to cram in those last minute notes, we all need every extra bit of sharpness we can get.
- Not only is the flicker of an orange flame pretty to look at, but it’ll keep you awake.
- P.S. I’ve had an orange ginger candle from Bath & Body Works burning for the past 6 hours and I have yet to feel sleepy!
TIP 3: DRINK LOTS OF WATER
- Stay hydrated is extremely crucial when studying late into the night. You’re already pushing your body and trying to force information into your head.
- Drinking cold water can jolt you awake when you feel tired
- It’s better than drinking coffee, which comes with an inevitable crash
TIP 4: STAY OFF FACEBOOK
- Unless your class has a facebook group and you are actually quizzing each other, stay off facebook.
- You’ll focus better and get more done in a shorter amount of time.