My 2018 Spring Skincare Routine
Hey Y’all! I’m no fuss when it comes to skincare. As a full-time TV Journalist, I don’t have time for a long-winded skincare routine. I stick to a lot of basics so I can speed through my routine and get straight to bed or get out the door. Here is my current spring skincare routine and I hope you find this useful. I’m listing a couple different products I love under each category so you can pick and choose the one best for you!
Makeup Removal & Cleansing
- Kopari Coconut Cleansing Oil – I swear by cleansing oils because I wear a lot of long-lasting makeup. This is the first step in my nighttime routine. I’ll put three to four pumps into my hands, rub them together and massage over my face for about 30 seconds. I take care to be soft around the eyes but still making sure to get the makeup off my eyes, especially my lash glue! This is my must-have item for my spring skincare routine.
- Purity Cleanser – My holy grail cleanser for more than 11 years! I swear by this and if I don’t have a cleansing oil, I just cleanse with this twice for a super long period of time. This is one of the only cleansers that doesn’t dry out my face or make it feel tight and gets my face clean.
- Ole Henriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub – I’ve been using this for a few months and really like how this feels on my skin. The scrub doesn’t feel abrasive, but it does have a warm feeling to it. Upon rinsing, my skin feels so refreshed and clean
- ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – This scrub is a favorite of mine and I’ve been using it since 2012. I also love how this scrub isn’t abrasive but still really gets the dead skin off my face and exfoliates well. P.S. Johnny says this smells like sushi, but I don’t smell it at all…
- La Mer Moisturizing Cool Gel Cream – La Mer is famous for their soft cream. Personally, I love it, but I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. La Mer sent me this moisturizing cool gel cream and it’s safe to say I might like this more than their OG! This feels so lightweight and cool against the skin but also really, really hydrates the skin. Plus, if you have combination skin, this will really regulate the oil on your face. This is truly a holy grail item for me and nothing makes my skin look as incredible as La Mer does. P.S. a little goes a long way so this will last forever.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream – This cream is incredible when it comes to plumping and rejuvenating the skin. Your skin will thank you in the morning when you wake up with young, supple skin, which is what you want to start off with.
- Kopari Coconut Face Cream – If you’ve tuned into my Instagram Live get-ready-with-me videos you’ve seen me use this. I absolutely love this cream because it moisturizes my face without making it oily. Plus, it looks great under makeup.
- Kopari Coconut Melt – I couldn’t imagine my spring skincare routine without this item. I truly use it for so many things. I use it to shave, I use it in a pinch to take makeup off if I don’t have cleansing oil and of course, I use it to moisturize. This is also great to put into your hair before shampooing if you have dry hair or a dry scalp. Trust me, this item will become something you love.