Christmas Onesie c/o, Red Stoneware Baking Dish, Glass Mixing Bowls, Gold Flatware
This is easily our favorite holiday recipe, hands down. We make it every winter and devour it in less than 10 minutes. In 2013, we stumbled upon this recipe by Byron Talbott and knew it was something special. Fast forward four years later and we’re still making it! It’s a simple recipe but sure to win over the hearts of anyone you make it for. These baked dipping s’mores take about five minutes to make and are perfect for enjoying by the fire or while cozying up with a cute Christmas movie. Speaking of, the Christmas Prince on Netflix is so bad it’s so good, ha! I don’t like the representation of journalism on it, but other than that soooo worth watching, ha!
Baked Dipping S’mores
A few bars of Hershey’s milk chocolate
Two handfuls of marshmallows (we prefer jumbo size)
1. Break up the chocolate into pieces, then melt either in the microwave or using a double boiler. You want it to be completely melted. Stir it up, then pour into your baking dish. Make sure it’s an even layer, covering the bottom.
2. Turn on your broiler on low
3. Throw marshmallows on top
4. Place in oven for one minute, but keep an eye on it! You want the tops to be golden brown
5. Take out and use graham crackers to dip into the delicious sweet s’mores. Enjoy!
In the past, Johnny and I have tried using other kinds of chocolate, including Ghirardelli but they never melt and work out the same. For some reason, Hershey’s just works best! You can take it a step further if you want and add caramel drizzle! This is a great dish to pre-make before heading to holiday parties or just over to friends. Just don’t pop the dish into the oven until it’s go-time! You’re sure to win over hearts with this one.